Architectural heritage

Bell House

 
Épicerie   This building was made around 1830 for the former Charles Robin Company (1776 - c. 1886). It is three stories high with a cedar-shingle gable-top roof. It was the dining room and dormitory of Company employees, hence the bell tower. The tower’s octagonal base bears six circular columns upon which sits a cupola with a wind vane at its summit. Dating back to 1874, the bell rang to announce meals, breaks and sleeping hours.
 
     
  167, route 132 West, Percé